Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 Digital Camera
- Sensor Type : Ccd
- Video mode : Hd
- More Specifications
- Approximate Price 6,990*
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 Digital Camera similar variants (1)
Product Details of Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 Digital Camera
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 Captures super flammable picture quality and 720p HD video with ease. Use the 14.1MP sensor, 5X optical zoom, and 360 degree Sweep Panorama mode to create breathtaking images or record crisp action and sound in 720p HD video, even when zooming.Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 Makes taking pictures even more fun with Picture Effects, like Toy Camera and Pop Color mode. View everything on a generously sized 2.7" Clear Photo LCD screen, even in bright sunlight.Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 Get great shots thanks to iAuto mode, Face Detection and Smile Shutter technologies, as well as Anti-blink, Face Priority and Red-eye Reduction functions.
Disclaimer: Product shown in the picture above is only for representative and information purposes. The actual product delivered may be different from the creative as displayed here in the website.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 Digital Camera Price in India: Approximate Price 6,990*
Specifications of: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 Digital Camera
- LCD Size (Inches)
- 2.7 Inches Display
- Resolution ''Meaning: Sensor resolution is the Number of pixels used to capture an image or a video. A good image or video resolution is achieved by combination of image or video sensor resolution and lens resolution.Benefits: The Higher the image or video sensor resolution, the better the image or video quality.''
- 14.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Type ''Meaning: The two types of censors are CCD and CMOS. CCD - Charged Coupled Device sensor is a light sensitive chip used for Image gathering. CMOS - Coplimentary metal oxide Semiconductor is another type of image sensor found in digital cameras also. How it functions: CCD is the most common form of photosensitive cells used to convert incoming light into electrical signals in Digital cameras. In their normal condition these are greyscale devices. To create colour, a colour pattern is laid down on the sensor pixels, using RGBG color mask. (Red, Green, Blue and Green). Advantages: A digital image sensor converts light into electrical signals, which are then converted into an video inside the camcorder using the Camcorder video processor.''
- Shutter Speed (Seconds) Meaning: Shutter priority is an exposure mode that lets you select the desired shutter speed. Shutter Speed is measured in seconds. It is the time for which the camera exposes the sensor to the light being let in by the aperture setting. How it functions: A Shutter consists of blade, a curtain, plate, or some other movable cover in a camera that controls the time during which light reaches the sensor. Many point and shoot cameras have fixed shutter speeds. Single Lens Reflex (SLR) cameras offer a greater control over the shutter speed. If you use a very slow shutter speed (about 1/8 sec) you will not be able to hold the camera in you hand and shoot the subject clearly. The Image thus obtained will get blurred.
- iAuto(2" - 1/2000) / Program Auto(2" - 1/2000)
- Optical Zoom ''Meaning: Optical zoom is a feature that alters a cameras focal length, filling more of the frame within the subject.How it functions: An optical zoom lens actually moves in and out of the camera to get wide-angle, telephoto andmacro (close up) shots. Unlike a digital zoom, an optical zoom will not reduce the resolution of your photos. These days, a 3x optical zoom is pretty standard with some models going up to 10x or even 12x. Benefits: Optical zoom helps you to concentrate on the subject of the image to be shot. It is more useful in taking pictures of flowers, animals, insects etc. It also brings a faraway object nearer and hence is useful in taking photos of flora and fauna''
- Face detection
- Video mode
- Centre Weighted Metering Meaning: Centre Weighted Metering measures the brightness of the light at the centre of the frame, as well as around the centre, to calculate the correct exposurefor the image. How it fuctions: This makes it possible to capture the image with the right exposure even when the subject at the centre is bright and the background is dark. Advantages: Centered Weighted Metering averages the exposure of the entire frame but gives extra weight to the object in the centre and is ideal for taking portraits.
- Multi Metering Meaning: Multi Metering means when the camera measures the light intensify in several points in the scene, and then combines the result to find the settings for the best exposure. How it fuctions: This makes it possible to capture the image with the right exposure when the whole subject bright. Advantages: Multi Metering averages the exposure of the entire frame which is to be captured.
- Spot Metering Meaning: Spot Metering measures a narrow zone at the center to determine the exposure level. How it fuctions: This is useful for highlighting the subject and enhancing the visual impact, and also for capturing the details in a highlighted section. Advantages: Spot Metering allows only a small area of the whole frame to be metered and the exposure of the rest of the frame is ignored. It is the most useful for backlit, macro and moon shots.
- Bluetooth Advantages: It is a wireless technology which replaces the connecting cables. The Key feature are low cost and low power.
- Audio Video Interface
- USB Cable
- Type of Card
- Self Timer
- Red Eye Reduction Meaning: This feature causes the flash to emit a burst of light before the photograph is taken, which causes the pupils of your subject to narrow. This reduces the chance that you will see a lot of red eye in your photograph.
- Auto Flash
- File Format
- Width (mm)
- Weight (Grams)
- Height (mm)
- Depth (mm)
- Rechargeable Battery Type
- LITHIUM ION NP-BN 3.6V
Expert Review for Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 Digital Camera
- Overall Rating:
- Ease of use:
Sony has unveiled a new range of point and shoot cameras, that are going to attract you through its powerful features and amazingly low prices. This multinational brand and well renowned name in photography and lenses world, has introduced three variants, namely-DSC-W610, DSC-620, and DSC-650. Among all the three, Sony Cybershot DSC-W620 is the top model and off-course the costlier one! There are minute differences in the specs of these three cameras, rest of the features are same in all of them. All of these cameras according to their specs are cheapest in the market. The specs even are not incredibly amazing, but the camera does offer a 14-megapixel still image capability, a 5x zoom lens, and Sonys 360 degree Sweep Panorama function, which makes it great at such a price range.
Now, going towards the looks of the camera, first of all we will talk about the color availability. So, the Sony has given a deep thought and thus, has offered a good set of colors so that one can choose according to his/her taste. The DSC-W620 is available in green, black, blue, pink, or silver. Moving on to the built of this camera, we find the body is made of durable brushed metal. On the front side, the maximum space is covered by the lens and the company logo. At the top, in centre there lies a small section for flash. This flash is helpful in reduction of red eye thing in the photos. At its back, you will find clear photo LCD screen of 2.7 inches and beside that, there are placed a lot of buttons for different functions.
Different Modes for Ideal Photography
As soon as you enter in the menu system of the camera, the first option asks you for selecting a mode from the different modes available. You can choose from iAuto, the dedicated Auto mode, Program Auto, Picture Effects, and Scene Modes. Icing on the cake, you can choose from these shooting modes according to your convenience. The iAuto selection gives the charge of controls to the camera. Contrary to this, Program Auto mode gives you the access to manual controls. On the other hand, with Picture Effects mode, you can add different digital effects to your pictures, whereas Scene Mode lets you choose a specific shooting mode to match the situation of which you are taking photos.
The second mode on the slider of menu will ask you to choose between three other modes of DSC 620. Here, you have to made a choice between photo mode (for capturing still images), video mode (for recording standard definition video), and a panorama setting (for using Sonys Sweep Panorama feature). Capturing of a sweep panoramic view with this budgeted camera is a very strong point to attract customers towards it. This unique function allows you to take multiple photos by holding down the shutter button, and then the camera will stitch these photos together automatically, which ultimately results in a unified panorama.
Other Attracting Features
The aperture range offered in the DSC-W620 is between f/3.2 to f/6.5, and a shutter speed ranges from two second to 1/2000 of a second. As to make the camera functions easy for everybody, you are restricted to adjust any of these settings manually. Moreover, it offers a wide range of ISO sensitivity that ranges from ISO 100 to ISO 3200 so that you can capture a better quality of image.
The W620 is also equipped with Sonys SteadyShot image stabilization system, but in this model IS is not of optical nature. But, you have a 5X optical zoom with a CCD sensor available in this camera. Moreover a lot of special features to improve your picture like soft skin mode to reduce the effect of blemishes wrinkles, Self portrait timer, face detection technology, intelligent scene recognition, smile shutter, and blink detection are available in this point and shoot camera.
So, now you must want to know how much shots it can save and shoot. The answer is it saves in JPEG format, means you can save a large amount of photos in it. Moreover, it supports SD card, so space is not a problem. As far as battery is concerned, it has a great stamina! You are allowed to capture up to 110 minutes after a full charge.
Sony Cybershot DSC-W620 is the most affordable camera in the market; the features with which this camera is equipped would be difficult to find in any other camera at this price point. The camera does not contains the flashy features and controls that you get on high-end cameras, but here you will find a lot that you need for point and shoot.
Written by : Shilpa Kukkar
Reviews of Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 Digital Camera
- Overall Rating:
- Ease of use: