Nikon Coolpix S3300 Digital Camera - Black
- Sensor Type : Ccd
- Video mode : Hd
- More Specifications
- Approximate Price 6,950*
Nikon Coolpix S3300 Digital Camera - Bla... similar variants (5)
Product Details of Nikon Coolpix S3300 Digital Camera - Black
Nikon Coolpix S3300 has everything you need in a compact camera, all beautifully contained in a stylish little pocket-sized package less than 0.8" thick, and weighing in at 4.6 oz (128g). Start with a serious 16MP CCD sensor for great image quality, add a sharp 6x wide-angle Nikkor 26-156 mm (equivalent in 35mm format) lens and a brilliant 2.7" LCD monitor with tack-sharp resolution.
Disclaimer: Product shown in the picture above is only for representative and information purposes. The actual product delivered may be different from the creative as displayed here in the website.
Nikon Coolpix S3300 Digital Camera - Black Price in India: Approximate Price 6,950*
Specifications of: Nikon Coolpix S3300 Digital Camera - Black
- LCD Size (Inches)
- 2.7 Inches Display
- Resolution ''Meaning: Sensor resolution is the Number of pixels used to capture an image or a video. A good image or video resolution is achieved by combination of image or video sensor resolution and lens resolution.Benefits: The Higher the image or video sensor resolution, the better the image or video quality.''
- 16 Megapixels
- Sensor Type ''Meaning: The two types of censors are CCD and CMOS. CCD - Charged Coupled Device sensor is a light sensitive chip used for Image gathering. CMOS - Coplimentary metal oxide Semiconductor is another type of image sensor found in digital cameras also. How it functions: CCD is the most common form of photosensitive cells used to convert incoming light into electrical signals in Digital cameras. In their normal condition these are greyscale devices. To create colour, a colour pattern is laid down on the sensor pixels, using RGBG color mask. (Red, Green, Blue and Green). Advantages: A digital image sensor converts light into electrical signals, which are then converted into an video inside the camcorder using the Camcorder video processor.''
- Aperture (f/stops) Meaning: Aperture is the opening in a lens which passes to the image sensor to create an image. How it Functions: Aperture size is usually calibrated in f-stops. The higher the f numberthe smaller is the aperture. The common f-stops are f/2, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8 etc. Advantages: The Quality of the image depends upon the aperture range and shutter speed of the camera. The larger the f number, the smaller the lens opening and hence less light will enter into the camera.
- f/3.5 - f/6.5
- Digital Zoom ''Meaning: Digital Zoom enlarges the subject within an image, while reducing the resolution of an image.How it functions: A Digital zoom is software inside the camera that enlarges subject in an image. Due to the doubling of pixels the image begins to become fuzzier and fuzzier as you enlarge.''
- Up to 4x
- Optical Zoom ''Meaning: Optical zoom is a feature that alters a cameras focal length, filling more of the frame within the subject.How it functions: An optical zoom lens actually moves in and out of the camera to get wide-angle, telephoto andmacro (close up) shots. Unlike a digital zoom, an optical zoom will not reduce the resolution of your photos. These days, a 3x optical zoom is pretty standard with some models going up to 10x or even 12x. Benefits: Optical zoom helps you to concentrate on the subject of the image to be shot. It is more useful in taking pictures of flowers, animals, insects etc. It also brings a faraway object nearer and hence is useful in taking photos of flora and fauna''
- Face detection
- Video mode
- Centre Weighted Metering Meaning: Centre Weighted Metering measures the brightness of the light at the centre of the frame, as well as around the centre, to calculate the correct exposurefor the image. How it fuctions: This makes it possible to capture the image with the right exposure even when the subject at the centre is bright and the background is dark. Advantages: Centered Weighted Metering averages the exposure of the entire frame but gives extra weight to the object in the centre and is ideal for taking portraits.
- Multi Metering Meaning: Multi Metering means when the camera measures the light intensify in several points in the scene, and then combines the result to find the settings for the best exposure. How it fuctions: This makes it possible to capture the image with the right exposure when the whole subject bright. Advantages: Multi Metering averages the exposure of the entire frame which is to be captured.
- Spot Metering Meaning: Spot Metering measures a narrow zone at the center to determine the exposure level. How it fuctions: This is useful for highlighting the subject and enhancing the visual impact, and also for capturing the details in a highlighted section. Advantages: Spot Metering allows only a small area of the whole frame to be metered and the exposure of the rest of the frame is ignored. It is the most useful for backlit, macro and moon shots.
- Bluetooth Advantages: It is a wireless technology which replaces the connecting cables. The Key feature are low cost and low power.
- Type of Card
- Inbuilt Memory (MB)
- Width (mm)
- Weight (Grams)
- 128 g
- Height (mm)
- Depth (mm)
- Shots Meaning: It demotes the number of images that canbe captured after one battery charge.
- 210 shots
- Rechargeable Battery Type
- EN-EL19 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack
Expert Review for Nikon Coolpix S3300 Digital Camera - Black
- Overall Rating:
- Ease of use:
If you are looking for an entry-level, affordable digital camera of a renowned brand and also you do not want to compromise or sacrifice with the zoom range and picture quality, Nikon COOLPIX S3300 is right here for you. It is an updated version of Nikons number one selling camera, the Nikon Coolpix S3100. With just 0.8 inches of thickness, it disappears in your pocket or purse. Available in 8 vibrant colors- Silver, Black, Red, Blue, Gold, Pink, Purple, Green; COOLPIX S3300 is your sleek and stylish companion. The camera features an ultra-slim body with 6x zoom lens, 16 megapixel CCD sensor and special filter effects to respond to all your creative demands. The camera works on EXPEED C2 image processing engine and has sensitivity range from ISO 80 to 3200 equivalent. The camera supports approx. 28 different languages and has Li-Ion EN-EL19 battery (included) along with AC EH-62G adapter (available separately) as power source.
Versatility and Brilliant Image Quality
COOLPIX S3300 comes with 16 megapixels, which allows you to capture images in more detail and with more color in every shot. Such high megapixels are also beneficial for re-framing a portion of the image and at the time of enlarging a cropped section to large sizes while maintaining its quality. With its 6x optical zoom NIKKOR lens having amazing 26mm of zoom capability, you can easily capture far away subjects like wildlife, birds, etc. or wide-angle setting with original image quality. Paired with this zooming feature is the newly advanced optical lens-shift Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization, which helps in reducing camera shake and in minimizing the chance of blur to give you consistently sharp and clear image results especially at the time of capturing images with super-zoom or shooting macros. Additional to these, COOLPIX S3300 is equipped with CCD (Charge Coupled Device) sensor, which works in the same manner as our eyes and comprises of hundreds of thousands of pixels that separately sense red, green and blue light.
Add a Creative Touch!
You can also add a creative touch to your videos and images with the cameras Special effects and Filter Effects features. You can use special effects at the time of shooting pictures or movies to explore your own unique artistic expression. There are several special effects options comes embedded with this camera, which includes Soft key, High key, Low key, Nostalgic sepia, Selective color, or High-contrast monochrome effects. On the other hand, its in-camera Filter effects put in the additional ability to add a creative touch to shots already captured.
Capture your World!
Nikon COOLPIX S3300 delivers exceptional quality in any environmental setting and effectively manages high-resolution images. Use cameras high-resolution 2.7-inch vari-angle LCD screen to capture the most unconventional angles. Also, the camera is equipped with 18 optimized world modes including Auto, Scene (Scene auto selector, Portrait, Landscape, Sports, Night portrait, Party/indoor, Beach, Snow, Sunset, Dusk/dawn, Night landscape, Close-up, Food, Museum, Fireworks show, Black and white copy, Backlighting, Panorama assist, Pet portrait), Special effects, Smart portrait modes. Overall, it is a sleek, stylish camera with long zoom capabilities and technically sound features.
Reviews of Nikon Coolpix S3300 Digital Camera - Black
- Overall Rating:
- Ease of use: