Nikon Coolpix S30 Digital Camera
- Sensor Type : Ccd
- Video mode : Hd
- More Specifications
- Approximate Price 4,990*
Want to purchase this product from Naaptol?
Know availability in your locationCheck
Product Details of Nikon Coolpix S30 Digital Camera
The Coolpix S30 has a 10.1MP CCD imaging sensor, a 3x 24-85mm equivalent zoom lens (approximate), a 2.7" 230,000-dot LCD, one-touch 720p HD video with sound, a top ISO of 1600, an electronic VR image stabilization system, and a selection of Scene modes that include Point-and-Shoot, Underwater, Interval shooting, Highlight Color, Diorama (Miniature) Effects, Close-ups, and a Food mode.The Coolpix S30 also includes an extensive selection of pre-capture Special Effect filters that include Soft Focus, Selective Color and Miniature. There are also a bunch of post-capture effects that can be added after the fact that include Cross Screen, Fisheye and special-effect colors.
Disclaimer: Product shown in the picture above is only for representative and information purposes. The actual product delivered may be different from the creative as displayed here in the website.
Nikon Coolpix S30 Digital Camera Price in India: Approximate Price 4,990*
Specifications of: Nikon Coolpix S30 Digital Camera
- LCD Size (Inches)
- 2.7 Inches Display
- Resolution ''Meaning: Sensor resolution is the Number of pixels used to capture an image or a video. A good image or video resolution is achieved by combination of image or video sensor resolution and lens resolution.Benefits: The Higher the image or video sensor resolution, the better the image or video quality.''
- 10.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Type ''Meaning: The two types of censors are CCD and CMOS. CCD - Charged Coupled Device sensor is a light sensitive chip used for Image gathering. CMOS - Coplimentary metal oxide Semiconductor is another type of image sensor found in digital cameras also. How it functions: CCD is the most common form of photosensitive cells used to convert incoming light into electrical signals in Digital cameras. In their normal condition these are greyscale devices. To create colour, a colour pattern is laid down on the sensor pixels, using RGBG color mask. (Red, Green, Blue and Green). Advantages: A digital image sensor converts light into electrical signals, which are then converted into an video inside the camcorder using the Camcorder video processor.''
- Aperture (f/stops) Meaning: Aperture is the opening in a lens which passes to the image sensor to create an image. How it Functions: Aperture size is usually calibrated in f-stops. The higher the f numberthe smaller is the aperture. The common f-stops are f/2, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8 etc. Advantages: The Quality of the image depends upon the aperture range and shutter speed of the camera. The larger the f number, the smaller the lens opening and hence less light will enter into the camera.
- f/3.3 (W) - 5.9 (T)
- Shutter Speed (Seconds) Meaning: Shutter priority is an exposure mode that lets you select the desired shutter speed. Shutter Speed is measured in seconds. It is the time for which the camera exposes the sensor to the light being let in by the aperture setting. How it functions: A Shutter consists of blade, a curtain, plate, or some other movable cover in a camera that controls the time during which light reaches the sensor. Many point and shoot cameras have fixed shutter speeds. Single Lens Reflex (SLR) cameras offer a greater control over the shutter speed. If you use a very slow shutter speed (about 1/8 sec) you will not be able to hold the camera in you hand and shoot the subject clearly. The Image thus obtained will get blurred.
- Speed: 1/1000 - 1 sec
- Digital Zoom ''Meaning: Digital Zoom enlarges the subject within an image, while reducing the resolution of an image.How it functions: A Digital zoom is software inside the camera that enlarges subject in an image. Due to the doubling of pixels the image begins to become fuzzier and fuzzier as you enlarge.''
- Optical Zoom ''Meaning: Optical zoom is a feature that alters a cameras focal length, filling more of the frame within the subject.How it functions: An optical zoom lens actually moves in and out of the camera to get wide-angle, telephoto andmacro (close up) shots. Unlike a digital zoom, an optical zoom will not reduce the resolution of your photos. These days, a 3x optical zoom is pretty standard with some models going up to 10x or even 12x. Benefits: Optical zoom helps you to concentrate on the subject of the image to be shot. It is more useful in taking pictures of flowers, animals, insects etc. It also brings a faraway object nearer and hence is useful in taking photos of flora and fauna''
- Face detection
- Video mode
- Centre Weighted Metering Meaning: Centre Weighted Metering measures the brightness of the light at the centre of the frame, as well as around the centre, to calculate the correct exposurefor the image. How it fuctions: This makes it possible to capture the image with the right exposure even when the subject at the centre is bright and the background is dark. Advantages: Centered Weighted Metering averages the exposure of the entire frame but gives extra weight to the object in the centre and is ideal for taking portraits.
- Multi Metering Meaning: Multi Metering means when the camera measures the light intensify in several points in the scene, and then combines the result to find the settings for the best exposure. How it fuctions: This makes it possible to capture the image with the right exposure when the whole subject bright. Advantages: Multi Metering averages the exposure of the entire frame which is to be captured.
- Spot Metering Meaning: Spot Metering measures a narrow zone at the center to determine the exposure level. How it fuctions: This is useful for highlighting the subject and enhancing the visual impact, and also for capturing the details in a highlighted section. Advantages: Spot Metering allows only a small area of the whole frame to be metered and the exposure of the rest of the frame is ignored. It is the most useful for backlit, macro and moon shots.
- Bluetooth Advantages: It is a wireless technology which replaces the connecting cables. The Key feature are low cost and low power.
- USB Cable
- Type of Card
- Inbuilt Memory (MB)
- Macro Mode Meaning: Macro Modes allows adigital camera to take close up pictures of small objects like fingernail art, flowers, stamps, insects, etc. Macro mode is an absolute must have for shooting close up images. How it fuctions: The Macro mode enables auto focusing as close as 2cm away from the object. Many cameras offer a macro mode capable of recording images as close as 1cm also. Advantages: It is useful for taking close-ups flowers, insects and other small subjects.
- Image Stabilizer Benefits: The Image Stabilizer improves the quality of the image by preventing blur images due to camera shake.
- Self Timer
- 10 Sec
- Red Eye Reduction Meaning: This feature causes the flash to emit a burst of light before the photograph is taken, which causes the pupils of your subject to narrow. This reduces the chance that you will see a lot of red eye in your photograph.
- Auto Flash
- Built In Flash
- Width (mm)
- Weight (Grams)
- 0.21 kg
- Height (mm)
- Depth (mm)
- Rechargeable Battery Type
- 2x LR6 / L40 AA Batteries
Expert Review for Nikon Coolpix S30 Digital Camera
- Overall Rating:
- Ease of use:
Explore your photography experience!
Is photography your new passion, and you are looking for a smart and intuitive photography solution for you? Then what's better than a digital camera for you! An easy-to- use and affordable digital camera can be a good option for you to explore your photography experience. Therefore, Nikon has brought one for you in its Coolpix point and shoot cameras line with name Nikon Coolpix S30 . It is one among the good looking, inexpensive cameras that can take along to the beach and for a dip in the pool. Also, it is a family-friendly waterproof camera that's best used outdoors in good lighting with slow moving or stationary subjects. While unveiling the Nikon Coolpix S30, the company has stripped down many intuitive shooting modes and the interface to make this camera simple for the whole family to use. Moreover, the camera boasts of a 10.1 megapixels CCD image sensor that promises to deliver good picture quality. Icing on the cake, you can also capture videos in HD (720p) with more than mediocre quality. So, explore your photography experience with this cute, little yet intuitive snapper from the doorway of Nikon.
Elegantly and snugly crafted
Nikon is one such well-renowned company that has always come up with something new and different to enthrall its customers. And, Nikon Coolpix S30 is no more exception to this. Yes, the way this camera is crafted looks utterly elegant. Adding to this, you will find it a proud feeling factor, when carry it along on the move. Also, you will find the 2.7 inch LCD sits on its rear panel-more appealing. Furthermore, even equipped with 2x LR6/L40 AA batteries, the Coolpix S30 slips easily into your pocket or handbag. So, carrying a digital camera is no more big challenge for you with this handy camera.
A lot of fancy features!
Being a family member of Coolpix series of Nikon, the Coolpix S30 is best-known for boasting of a lot of fancy features. Yes, the clicker comes embedded with ample of shooting modes and functions that enables you explore your world. This means, you can now savor a great experience of photography world! Undoubtedly, it's a basic point and shoot camera, but when look onto its performance, you will find it completely amazing. The camera delivers good picture quality exclusively when there is plenty of light. Yes, for extreme good quality pictures, there should be ample of light, so that this snapper could deliver best result. And, this can be justified in respect of ISO sensitivity as well. But, looking towards the other side of the performance i.e. its video quality-you will find it good both in and out of water conditions. Also, you can share the magic of your pictures and videos with your loved ones using its Easy Slideshow mode. In this mode, all you have to do is just select your favorite playback effects and built-in music to accompany your show-its completely a fun to share with friends and family. Icing on the cake, you can now be a part of your group when its time to take shots. Capturing self-portraits have become easier as and when you or your subject smiles, as the camera automatically takes the shot.
On its bright side, the Nikon Coolpix S30 comes wrapped with an Electronic VR Image Stabilization feature that minimizes the effects of camera shake, thus ensures sharper and clearer pictures. Other than this, the camera also comes equipped with Easy Auto mode that does everything for you. All you have to do is just press the shutter and leave rest on this intuitive camera to perform.
Click-Click with Coolpix S30!
All in all, Nikon Coolpix S30 is one among the affordable yet feature-packed cameras. Undoubtedly, it delivers somewhat lesser than the other performers in the line, but still the performance that it delivers is simply cherishable. So, if you are tight on budget and wants to explore your photography experience, this snapper is nice pick to consider!
Written by: Deepika Khatri
Reviews of Nikon Coolpix S30 Digital Camera
- Overall Rating:
- Ease of use: